Thursday 3 September 2009

a country mouse bakes apple cake

I'm getting good value for money out of my £5 Fay Ripley cookery book. Little R and I made Fay's Good Afternoon Apple Cake (p.237) today and had a very good afternoon doing so.

Little R enjoyed licking the bowl and spoon while I had fun arranging apple slices on top of the cake.

Slightly burnt maybe but still tasted good. I had THREE slices and then had to call it my dinner. I had been so busy making apple cake and plum chutney (see next post for the full plum chutney experience) that by 5pm I could not face producing a country mousey dinner so Little R got a poached egg, broccoli and bread and butter, which was fine by her. Below, Little R's pudding.Three little bone china cups from the charity shop (50p each) which are currently brightening up the kitchen windowsill. They matched my cagoule, and few things do.

2 comments: